TATA IPL 2023’s player auction will take place on December 23rd. From an initial list of 991 cricketers, 405 player auctions are now set to be auctioned in Kerala’s Kochi.
The auction will begin at 2.30 p.m. local time. Viewers can also live stream the auction 2023 via the Jio Cinema App. The auction will also be broadcast on television by Star Sports channels.
There are 132 international players in the auction, while 273 of the 405 players are Indians. Four players from overseas are associate nations.
According to an Indian Premier League press release, the total number of capped players is 119, and uncapped players 282, respectively.
“A maximum number of 87 slots is now available, with 30 being reserved for international players.” The highest reserve price is Rs 2 crore, with 19 international players opting to be slotted into the highest bracket,” said the press release.
IPL also published a list of all teams, the amount of money available for the auction, available slots, and squads, as well as the salary cap.
Money with every franchise:
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Rs 42.25 crore)
- Punjab Kings (Rs 32.20 crore)
- Lucknow Super Giants (Rs 23,35 crore)
- Mumbai Indians (Rs 20.55 crore)
- Chennai Super Kings (Rs 20.45 crore)
- Delhi Capitals (Rs. 19.45 crore).
- Gujarat Titans (Rs 19.25 crore)
- Rajasthan Royals (Rs. 13.2 Crore)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (Rs. 8.75 crores).
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Rs. 7.05 crore).
Like last year, Hugh Edmeades from Britain will conduct the auction. In 2018, he was replaced by Richard Madley, the BCCI’s auctioneer. He has been an auctioneer’s favorite face since then.
The IPL auction 2022 was held in February. It was intense. Ten teams bid for 204 cricketers, and 67 international cricketers. Over Rs 550 crore was spent during this auction.
As many as 11 players were sold at more than Rs 10 crore for the first time. Two players also made headlines. Mumbai Indians sold Ishan Kishan, 23, for Rs 15.25 Crore. He was the wicketkeeper and opening batsman.
Chennai Super Kings, who bought the medium pacer Deepakchahar for Rs 14 million, was another team to make a costly purchase. Seven of the 11 highest-priced players were Indians. The Punjab Kings bought Liam Livingstone, an English cricketer, for Rs 11.50 crore.
IPL auction 2023 rules
- A franchise cannot spend more money than it has on a player.
- Spend at least 75 percent of the entire budget for each team.
Franchisees will not have access to the Right to Match card option.
- Each team should have at least 18 players. No side may have more than 25.
- Each franchise can have a minimum of 17 or a maximum limit of 25 Indian players.
- There is no limit to the number of international players a team can have on its roster. The maximum is 8 players.